The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Accounting for Absence

I have more or less recovered from the amazing euphoria of achieving what I considered to be my personal career high in this industry. I was already overwhelmed by the avalanche of well-wishes from various associates and friends before showtime. 3 hours later, I was keeling over with happiness and excitement at the crazy enthusiasm emanated from the crowd – a delirious stampede had ensued and peopled thronged the stage front, dancing and cheering away. I darted in and out of the sea of bodies. Oh man, this is why I love what I do and this Moment was Mine to Bask in.

I only wish I could be more eloquent in describing what this all means to me. I remember feeling very proud of myself and warmed in the knowing that there were people rooting for me, who were even more proud of me for what I had pulled off than myself. I am so thankful that I had not let them down by being a lousy prodigy.

Actually 3 hours later, all I wanted to do is to sit down and have a little weep by myself in a corner. I did it!!!! Another avalanche of “excellent show” – related smses that flooded my phone contributed to my kitschy desire.

*

I thank all associates and friends for always believing in me, for their unfailing encouragement and ompanionship. For being patient, stoic and understanding about what I went through and staunchly refusing to pick a fight with me when I was worked up over everything else. In particular, I thank the 3 women in my life who are like my surrogate mums with their naggings and reminders and gentle admonishments. Thank you for hosting lunch and especially whipping up a feast for me just before the new year started as a gesture of friendship, care and love. I’m so blessed (in the secular way) to have known you all and to have your well-meaning advice. That’s more than 80 years of corporate and life experience that I have access to!! Sorry that I’m still the occasional stubborn, foolish little girl who will try to do things her way and to attempt in the kamikaze way to change the world. In 2007, I promise solemnly to try harder to listen and heed your advice with adaptation here and there :) I also thank my baby sister for always putting up with my nonsense and 对我不离不弃

Honestly, it never fails to amaze me when I stop to think about it - how fond some people can be of me. I ain’t that nice and easy to be with, and I happened to have the most unbelievable quirks and principles. That aside, I still think I’m charming and adorable. Whee.


*

Now that life has pretty much resumed its previous normalcy, posting will be more regular and de-regulated.
Here’s a list of concerts/productions I will be watching and am totally looking forward to:

1. Everything But The Brain
2.. S.H.E concert
3. Huayi Festival-
娃娃金智娟 in recital
4. Huayi Festival - 暗恋桃花源
5. Titoudao

Have bought tickets to everything except for the concert. The invite hasn’t come in yet, sob.

Other things worth many hand claps:

- after being based in China for 2 years, my dear friend Huihua is back in Singapore and intending to stay longer (measured in years) in her native land.


- another dear friend Huixin is gonna be staying here longer too, after escaping from The Real World & Other Harsher Realities to New Zealand to pursue a Master’s degree. Now that she has graduated, Living the Real Life can longer be the deferred option, but the default. Huixin will be back from 23rd Jan onwards. We can sing, compose and write together!!!

- a mini gathering comprising Huixin, Ezolene, Qiuyan and myself once the doctors’ schedules are sorted out.
Doing our karaoke and pigging out and other girly nonsense.

In other less worthy news, my old phone suddenly died on me. It was a timely death as I had been meaning to get the pink Nokia 7390 but was always thwarted by inertia. Now I have no excuse and had to make an immediate purchase!!! Yay! Unfortunately not all contacts could be retrieved so please sms/call me if you want to make double sure I have your numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home