The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Prison Vs Promise

I worry I'm placing (projecting?) too much hope and potential happiness on things that don't matter and straying far from the meaningful.

A stranger's blog I read sporadically reveals that she quitted her job as a lawyer last week. Given that she's my age, it must have been two years at most before she decided enough is enough.

Today, I managed to tidy some a couple of manuscripts for submission. I remember shaking my head and going, damn you need new works! There are at least half a dozen unfinished tales, but why have I stop telling?

My dream is to write fiction for a living and earning enough to keep me wandering the earth.

Everything else is a contribution to the fulfilment of that dream. Especially disasterous romances. It's never painful in that light. You learn to anticipate the moment and milk it for all its worth.

It's a promise; it's not a prison.

And Chinyi has bought a portable keyboard just so we can work on the compositions.

I must be 争气。Must see beyond petty romances and other trivia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home