The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Cam(p) It Up, Clamp It Down

I got my sparkling new, swanky and showy NOKIA 7260. It’s so flamboyant and dynamic, and just screams ATTENTION. Am very proud of my very seductive phone which comes along with the camera and video function. I’m now officially a cam-whore. Hell, I’ve wall-papered myself – how narcissistic and self-loving is that.

I think Mr Dimples is possibly very sly. Having announced to him that my latest text is written and sent from my immensely attractive new handphone, he congratulated on the conquest and replied he will admire it next time we are to meet. Obviously, I highlighted that he will not only see it, he will be in it – me being charmed still by the camera function and extremely trigger happy (don’t think the novelty will ever wear off in the short run). Mr Dimples then reflected that he does “feel uncomfortable when asked to be photographed alone into telephones. It’s just unnatural.” Fine, I said. We can take together.

Well, I do feel very at ease posing for my dear handphone.

*

I watched that horrid R21 movie with Minxiu and walked away with only one impression: Ah B’s ex-wife is very pretty! But the movie can’t decide on what direction it should head. So it ended up a pseudo arthouse flick – which is actually/essentially a ghost story with SM thrown in. Ah B’s wife gets hot (but not hot enough) with a mysterious guy who is the ex-lover of this old Japanese taitai (but nobody knows this in the beginning, of course) that she is friendly with. The twist is that the guy is actually a ghost who was killed during SM love-making with the taitai when they were very young. Hang on, or maybe, the twist is that the taitai actually used to be a guy (snippets of the past showing the young version of taitai were acted by that real-life I-have-had-a-sex-op sexy Korean model). Whatever. Anyway, lightly touched on Freudian-based theories were just as lightly tossed, and we learnt that the taitai is in love with pain/SM because her dad abused her mum. So. The old taitai advises Ah B’s wife to get out of the ghostly affair but she says she will not and she wants to experience/learn SM and for him to “take her with him”. Then comes the so-called climax (which drove Minxiu to doze off) with their ecstatic cries, and she dies happily. There’s also a policeman hovering along the peripherals whom wife has the hots for initially and even flashed her breasts at him. But he never gets a piece of the action. The ghost did kiss him heavily and leave him panting in the rain though.

Does that sound like a really bad/mad movie? Score wasn’t too bad though.

*

Minxiu bought a really nice pair of Tinkerbell earrings from Disneyland for me!!! This deserves special mention. They are very pretty and have garnered a whole lot of attention from people.

I hope your feet are better now and you have a safe week ahead for work after close to 3 weeks of hiatus.

*

Mr Veins is very busy prosecuting, I guess. Can I blame him for working all the time? Hell, he even managed to make me feel a little guilty – apparently his case was mentioned in papers and of course, I never noticed. I told him about handphone loss and he said that was irrelevant since my number stays same. Then a beat later – unless you cannot remember my number, he added. I sighed inwardly and replied what’s the point of having the number when we (I) can’t do anything with it. Then we relived briefly some mantras for my benefit: In Law, $ not easy to earn, he’s still a newbie so must work very hard etc.

*


Yay! New week. Can work harder. Can show off phone. Can show off myself.

Addendum: I'm half-sorry we spoke at all last night. Being agonisingly antagonistic can't be the only way to secure my attention and affection. Just now, he turned the usual trick. Startled me by starting something (continuing vaguely from yesterday) disagreeable and then after working me up, stopped and logged off ICQ.

He: i presume u would have read the papers' report on the bank robber's economy with the truth.

Me: That doesn't change the fact he is half-blinded and has shrapnels embedded in his head.

Me: Can the Cisco guard be sued?

He: as a result of his own actions...

He: i think the bank customers and staff are kind enough not to sue the robber for causing permanent emotional distress and psychological harm resulting in life-long bank branch-phobia.

Me: but surely if it was life-threatening (given the guard didn't know it was a toy gun), he ought to have aimed for the leg, arm or something. or even the heart. i just din get how the robber can end up blind and possibly brain-impaired eventually. was it very bad aiming?

He: it was bad positioning by the robber. he didn't duck or wear a crash helmet.

Me: is that the factual account? coz the papers only mentioned he was shot by the guard. i'm incredulous and appalled that the guard din aim for a position that only maims at most. surely that would be what they are taught. to inflict the least harm unless absolutely necessary

He: in battle and combat (u wun understand since u refuse to volunteer for NS), things do not happen as one intended as planned.

Me: well, i have been through Life, surely that counts for something. i do know things do not go as intended or planned, but some screw-ups are possibly self-created, made worse by the fumbling actions of others, of which the latter should bear some form of responsibility.

He: u dun understand the workings of firearms, since u refuse to bear arms for the defence of the State.
so I dun see how u are fit to comment...

Me: I don't see how that has any bearing on the situation. If you do know anything, and you are refraining from saying what can enlighten, then that will be obviously your fault, this silly reticence.

He: do not be too quick to condemn if u aren't privy to all the facts....simply basing your assumptions on the media reports....

Me: if you are implying that's an accident, that the firearms went off the wrong way whatever, i hope a proper and fair investigation has been conducted to ensure it was not due to the ineptitude of the guard that caused the robber to be forever handicapped.

He: did I imply that it's an accident? hell no.

He: pls reflect on this....good day.

Me: i already said that this was how i feel based on media reports. i'm not privy to anything else so a disclaimer has been established. still that shouldn't hamper forming an opinion, and if you know of something that you are not telling and merely taunting, i think you should reflect on this silly, silly attitude. Good night.

Reflect on what? I wouldn't reflect on this, and I certainly wouldn't dwell on us.

5 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Now you're driving me to get the more expensive clamshell phone in the series, because we obviously cannot have the same phone. Or maybe i can get one in a different color. Dammit.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

I must warn you the clamshell in super ugly when you view/touch as a tangible. Very uncool. If you get that, I will smirk everytime we go out, coz my phone is obviously so much better looking.

No, it's not obvious why we cannot have the same phone.

Get a different colour. That's the next best. And my phone will still look better. Ha!

Watch(ed) 3-Iron?

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on the new nokia phone again...does it have the function where you can save everybody's photo, then when somebody calls you their photo will flash on the screen so you know who it is?! cos i think that is pretty cool :B

ruth

7:31 PM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

Well, what color did u get?

And Mr Veins sounds downright annoying and arrogant. He needs a tight slap. What the hell's he being so antagonistic for? Dump the loser. Dimples are a friendlier feature than veins anyway.

No, haven't seen 3-iron. And yes, my feet are much better. Even managed to drive today.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

ruth: yes, my phone is cool, so it has that.

minxiu: I got the one in black lar!!! the white one is quite insipid and mediocre by comparison.

black one looks so much more spunky and defiant :)

i dun even get to see him, how to slap him. dimples are cute but they don't manifest when one stops smiling - veins, on the other hand, will always be there to turn you on. too bad one can't say the same about the person who has the veins.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home