The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

All That She Wants

Never underestimate the power of a great date.

Incredibly, I am still suffering from the after effects of Sunday night. Spillover is amazing, for I feel good and nothing gets to me. Well. Ridiculous. I know.

*

I just replied to an email from the same person.

*Spill spill*

*

As an aside, I manage to go on two separate dates with people (all ladies – I usually am more forgiving towards females) who are apparently cursed with absolutely horrendous social skills. Despite (and because of) doing PR, I do have a relatively generous threshold towards awkward and inept people. Still, I draw the line at being plain rude and showing blatant disregard for how others are trying to have a good time and make sure you have a good time. You fail to see how much people are accommodating. Sadly, your repugnant and offensive behaviour is just lost on you.


The latter(later) threesome date was nevertheless slightly better than the former. My other female companion palliated the situation with admirable aplomb by being totally agreeable and soothed me. The night was saved by her whipping out her camera, and us posing, posing, posing, all smiley and sassy.

The first date went off so badly that my other female companion decided to take a break even from me altogether. Time out, she said. Twosome is better henceforth but I think I need some time to recover from the trauma. Tonight was an utter waste of time. And I have to agree. I was unhappy (– but happy by virtue of a spillover effect – I really don’t care) and conversation was wholly unnatural and made me immensely uncomfortable. The two of us tried to have a good time but it did not happen because the third companion was quite set on being determinedly whimsical (at best) and antagonistic (at worst).

I really don’t understand how people can act the way they do, especially when we are all friends here. It doesn’t mean we are good and old friends that you come across as necessarily stamped with approval over the years. Or that I can’t change my mind and decide you are distasteful. Please, you still gotta earn and maintain your stripes. If you don’t want to be likeable, that’s fine by me. Don’t expect me to mince my words and put up with you. I like to be with likeable people (shallowly and loosely defined as intelligent people who have a great sense of humour and at least the necessary minimal amount of EQ to ensure we have a grand time).

*

Great lingerie sale by Triumph at Tampines Mall Level 4 open area.Till 3rd April. I got two of a lovely beach design. I had my eye on that since it came out. But it was really too expensive. Plus considering the price, the amount of material that went into the making was way too minimal (compared to the usual huh), and I was both prudish and prudent enough not to act on my desire.

Now it’s two for only $49.90!!!! When the design first came out, it was like 69.90 per piece (!?!?).

*
I’m having a lazy weekend. Doing nothing. Not arranging anything. Just freeing myself, and chill. Love me, love having Me Time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home