The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Only Restless And Lonely

Yesterday was a yucky day. But I can sleep it away, and I have.

Plus, I feel good today. Managed to catch up a bit with various friends and it’s like being all frivolous, fanciful and footloose once more. You know, being carefree and careless over again, like we will conquer the world; we are the champions. Talking like there is really equality and that hard work and talent do pay off when taken in tandem. How you believe when you were still an undergraduate, and along the way, life let you down somewhat, in unspeakable ways. Still, we will bounce back because we have one another and it helps, even if help was most unwittingly given in the smallest of ways.

Met Minchao for an impromptu session when it so happened we were both working at Expo today. She’s a financial advisor and apparently all her income is based on commission. No basic at all, which is like ?! When she revealed it was coming to her first month at her job, yet already she is earning very well (more than a teacher), it was all I could do to restrain myself from strangling someone once dear.

I love hearing work stories and making comparisons. Especially when it makes me indignant, and all set to work harder (not necessarily in work as in work per se but also work harder to free myself from current unbecoming circumstances, whatever they might be) . I am easily motivated because being competitive is in my blood. Seeing how she’s also a fitness trainer (!?) at Planet Fitness just makes me go, see, see babe *talking to myself* there’s time for anything, you just have to be hungry enough. Contentment and complacency are the evil good when one is young,

*

He’s been working on weekends, even Sundays, ever since he started at AGC. And I thought the hours were long enough previously at Shook Lin & Bok. Do DPPs (short for deputy public prosecutors – what an awfully grand sounding title. Eeps) have to, like this forever? Anyway, I wasn’t even thinking of doing anything spiffy and special together. Just a simple meal will do. But I didn’t say aloud. Well. We both want to make something out of ourselves. So I won’t pretend I can’t understand.

*

It’s always a pleasure to receive Minxiu’s call (it has nothing to do with your voice, even if you may beg to differ). Tonight was particularly fun and frivolous. He was shopping for clothes at bodynits as he called and was egged by yours truly to buy something snugly fitting and sleeveless to boot. Which he eventually did and in a colour less a shade that of bright red, I think. So, innocent and light and easy stuff like that, which I have missed greatly since starting life as a working professional. I will miss you when you leave Singapore.

*


Saw Sherry and her sister at the show and boy, were we glad to meet! Our friendship goes back 13 years man!




风 停了又吹 我忽然想起谁
天 亮了又黑 我过了好几岁
心 暖了又灰 世界 有时候
孤单的很需要另一个同类

爱 收了又给 我们都不太完美
梦 作了又碎 我们有几次机会去追
不晓得为甚么爱 又稀少又昂贵

3 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Bods ok. Bodynits is the zhabor side right?

And it's not that tight fitting. I'm not that shameless - I know my limitations.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

Fine. Bods.

For immediate release ie press statement: Everyone, he went to Bods,the manly side. Do take note.

I was going to use tight-fitting. Then I thought you may protest. Snug appears to be less tight than tight-fitting. So. Snug is the word. It hugs your body a little, without being overzealously clinging.

Just wear it and take a shot and post!

11:52 AM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

I call it OK snug fit. You call it loose. Potatoe, Potahtoe.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home