The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Life Sucks Like A Fucking Whore

Life sucks - like a fucking whore. And I take it like a straight man who loves to be sucked and fucked.

I've been all but told, in stark and no uncertain terms, that it is next to impossible for the door to be opened. The voice quality, they glossed and I did not press further. I accept with dignity.

It's painful when I have always prided on having a distinctive and perky voice and the ability to yak on anything and make whatever material interesting and fresh. Unfortunately, the former has failed to distinguish itself in the ears of Those Who Matter and with that, some of my dreams are crushed and nobody, saved my readers and friends, will ever know how provocatively fun and funny things can be.

Like seriously, if xxx can be a TV host and xxx can cut an album and they don't even look and sound particularly exciting to boot, I don't see how exacting and meticulous industry standards are.

And I was cool about it. Until just now, an acquaintance announced he has just been recruited as a producer/presenter when we bumped into each other - I became sick thinking just how cruel life is to me. Do I have to know, now, at this time?

*wades deep in self-pity*

Like, fuck. Do you have to rub it in?

A man would apparently visit seedy karaoke joints and sing/drink with pretty Mainland girls on his lap when things don't go well and there are no alternative company.

Me, I still gotta work out a PR plan for tomorrow morn. But what can I do to mitigate trauma and loneliness after that?

In any case, I won't mind purely singing, as singing, cos I still love the sound of my voice. Consumerism works, always, as do materialism. Blog out to blot and block despair. Cut my hair, even. Go out on a simple date with nice food and good company thrown in. Nothing too complicated and complex to bog me. Watch movies. Narrow down selections for SIFF.

Was so pathetic today. Resorted to buying a Disney On Ice $12 cotton candy pack as a perk-me-up.

I will like to see him, but I don't want him to see me like this.

*

I know
you are damn sick, but can I give you my wish list from America? It might make me happy, but not irritatingly happy. Please see if you could embark on a quest for the following:

(1) I want Kreme Doughnuts.
(2) I want
Daria merchandise - badges and key chains and tank tops will be great. Anything else is a welcomed bonus. I hope you can find! MTV has stopped this cartoon for the longest time.

(3) Please also buy back a pair of earrings (dangly ones. Studs not accepted) and a shoulder or/and sling bag - this is a longstanding tradition when initiated by yours truly. It is an indication of friends' taste and for me to collect stuff from around the world while staying put in Singapore.

Can? Shop on my behalf lah. Anything you think I will like or looks pretty and screams "me, me" (ie perfect for ME), just grab. Will have reimbursement. Just hope you have space and time for shopping frills.

(4) Meanwhile if America got copies of Fat Girl (French) and Deep Throat, you can either buy and lend me or I buy and lend you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i fear for you! this Krispy Kreme donut craze has also seized some of my other friends.

speaking of SIFF, i'm only looking at the sunday shows cos i scared won't be able to make it on other days...are you interested in either of these?

10/4, 7pm - To You Sweetheart, Aloha (USA)

24/4, 4.15pm - A Time Far Past (Viet)

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home