The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, March 28, 2005

It's My Life (Happy, It's So Nice To Be Happy, Everybody Should Be Happy)

It's been a really happening extended weekend for me and I'm very pleased to have my raison d'etre at the moment, well, till I lose it for the next.

*

So Thursday night saw two schoolgirls on the loose, masquerading as career women out on a frentic quest to buy something truly designer, and therefore madly expensive, to justify work ethics and determine meaning. The spree yielded nothing, most unfortunately. We had both mood and moolah, but the accursed shops just didn't carry goods that could capture the constantly roving eye and heart.

We ended up in a very clean and wholesome KTV joint and I reached home at 4am.

*

I went out with Minchao on Friday, which wasn't too bad. Well, you know how I dread it when people spring their boyfriends' presence on me when I am not forewarned and thus, totally unprepared to deal with it. Taking that into consideration, I reckon I reacted pretty well when I met him. Of course, it helps a great deal that (1) he joined us only 4 hours later and (2) I had a gallant companion all ready to whisk me off and save me for the night.

So all in all, I was in a rather good mood. Especially when we drove to 木船 and were there all the way till it closed. Great live Chinese music. Pretty cool repartee. And get this, my companion actually knows the key/lead singer. Apparently both hail from rival companies and often pitch for the same design projects. But he never knew that he (the singer) was a singer and the latter has been at singing/playing at 木船 for the past 11 years. *Cue: Be inspired by the dedication to one's craft and passion*

So it was a very healthy 2 hours plus, delightfully spent drinking bubble tea and cackling biscuits and singing along to familiar hits, soaking in the whole wonderful Chineseness of it. But the place closed at 11pm. Given my companion's penchant for darker, edgier places and returning home at no earlier than 3am lately, we hopped to another pub in Purvis Street, one that actually serves alcohol this time. And of course, I still don't quite drink. I had one-third of what was served.

By the time I reached home it was close to 3am. I'm developing a nightlife! How cool is that. For two consecutive nights I have found it impossible to reach home any earlier.

*

Saturday afternoon was spent lovingly with Best Friend Ruth in search of the cool pair of glasses that could adorn our faces without screaming "Nerd Alert!". Mission was an utter failure but we manage to buy some pretty stuff (me a sun dress and her a skirt at my favourite shop) to salvage the day.

After that, I happily abandoned her to meet Shimin to watch the Royston Tan's screening at Alliance Francaise (a dedicated post to come). And it was pig out time at Newton when the showcase ended. Came home a bit earlier at midnight. But enough is enough. I need to
修身养性 - I have had more than my fair share of flirtations and flings with people and things, and next weekend shall be meant for more serious stuff.


*

And later tonight, dinner with Eric at my fav dim sum place. How better can life get?

Mentioning of dim sum, Minxiu - this is for you - complete with MTV. We watched Closer a couple of weekends back (entry got swallowed up) and were just blew away by the song. Why the connection between dim sum and Minxiu - well we happened to go for dim sum at the same place after Closer. Closing thoughts on Closer: Clive Own is soooooooo damn hot. The scary thing is, I can imagine myself liking someone like the character he is playing. Baaaaad news. *shrugs*

Pretty well-spent days. Feelin good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home