The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Message(s) In The Handphone

On Tuesday night, I lost my mobile in PS. I’m secretly pleased that I managed to lose it at all. Been procrastinating over a new buy for the longest time and the unexpected turn of events will ensure a cool form with function in my hand before the week is over. What I am sorry about is the loss of entire sms histories, of which more than 60% comes from Mr Veins on bright and dark days. Well, I suppose I can read that as a sign.

It is also traumatic to realize how few numbers one has committed to heart and mind, with(out) the convenience of a mobile. Ruth’s home no – checked. Mr Dimples’ home no – checked (only because he has called me from home before and his no is really easy on the brain). My sis’ mobile no – checked. Mr Veins’ home and mobile no – checked.

That is pretty much it. And I only wanted to approach Ruth and sis for help, which rendered the other numbers useless for the time being. My sis saved the day by getting me a replacement sim card and a temporary phone. Ruth, I regret to say, was (probably) most unfortunately, bogged down by work problems, such that I doubt my SOS even registered. She just sounded immensely flustered and confused. It’s ok. I forgive you. Just have to contact me so that I can reinstate your number in where it does belong.

This also goes out to friends reading the blog. Contact me! My formal social life, if we go by the number of numbers in my temporary mobile, at the moment, effectively consists of five people. That’s damn small, if not sad.

He: My deepest condolences to the loss of your handphone. I’ve not done research on handphones ‘cause I’ve resisted changing but my ‘extensive’ reading shows Nokia is on a revival because of its revamping of its product line to include clam shell phones. Mine is a Nokia by the way.

That is not from Mr Veins but it sure sounds like him (In any case, Mr Veins has no idea I lost my mobile – not that he’d care, for it won’t affect him, he knows, since we have established we do remember each other’s numbers by heart). I was quite alarmed by Mr Dimples. Apart from bearing a strong physical resemblance, now it appears they speak/text in strikingly similar tones.

NB: Mr Dimples is privy to the fact that I’m more happy than sad over my accidental loss and that I dropped my handphone (literally drop ie crashing to ground – not losing, it’s my first time) like hot potatoes all the time.

He: I suspect that you have thrown away your phone in the middle of the night when no one is watching. The ‘ lost your handphone’ veneer is just a ploy to cover up for your hideous crime.

He: You’ve provided me evidence of your past records of ill treating it all along. These evidence will add weight to me suspicions that you murdered it.

Me: 聪明的人最不可爱!So smart, so righteous hor – help my handphone seek redress lor.

He: Based on the tone of your reply, coupled with the lack of remorse shown, I conclude you are guilty of the stated crime. What’s done is done and We’ll have to forgive you. So, you’re buying a candybar phone? Nokia springs to mind immediately.

Me: ?! Who is ‘we’? How come sudden got plural? Who is the jury!

He: We as in your handphone and me. They try to personify handphones in their ads in UK, usually making the handphones feel ashamed that they are out of fashion compared to their peers and so the owner has the obligation to upgrade it.

He: Do try out the ‘shock’ test on the phone by dropping it several times from various heights. Then, you can have the delight of observing the shocked sales persons.

I am seeing double!! Help!! That’s Mr Dimples. Check, Check, Checked.

Anyway, for the SIFF,

I’ve confirmed the following:

1. One Sings, The Other Doesn’t – with Ruth
2. Underexposure – with Eric
3. Millenium Mambo – with Eric and Weixiang
4. In the Shadow of the Pagodas – With Eric and Weixiang
(3 and 4 are shown back to back of the same night)

Other movies I do want to watch are City of Sadness, Flowers of Shanghai and Tokyo Noir. And maybe Samaritan Girl. Please come forward and volunteer yourselves as company hor, especially now that I have lost my mobile.

I wanted to watch Hole In My Heart quite badly but Ryan’s treating us three girls with his first paycheck at The Rice Table at the same time. So. Friendship and food always triumph.

3 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

I can send you the mp3 of the Ace of Base song too.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaha...

oh, i don't mind watching tropical malady, land of plenty and splendid float.

hmm, if you watch splendid float with me, i'll watch tokyo noir with you. they're back-to-back same nite same theater. deal?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

i want to do the TJ mass dance again -that's all :)

Meihui: you must give me your no...

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home