The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

A Simple Face (Phase)

One can’t complain too much about life if it’s possible to sneak in an 8pm onwards KTV concert/session in the heart of Orchard till close to 4am on a normal working weekday night. We should be thankful, even though we are paying our dues as we write and wade through duties.

*

Ezo has left for Korea and so, pretty things from Korea for me! Managed to spend some time together on Monday night @Esplanade over Italian fare (1 for 1 main course special with UOB card) and chocolate fondue.
She has been posted to CGH for her housewomanly stint, which is really near my place and we look forward to more great times together (Huixin, don’t you just miss us here all the way to New Zealand?). That is, if being a decent doctor-to-be doesn’t imprison her in the hospital for extended and exhaustive periods.

Dare I say the same for him? For a union so unlikely, that he is so legally bound by and to work, do I append? I can add, but I fear lawful acknowledgement in our eyes will always be too late in coming.


*


No one can convince me being female is easy work. Hell, no. And it’s damn expensive. April got suckered into buying the basic Clinque daily cleansing-toning-moisturising routine. Brand comes complete with price and she’s $107 poorer after getting the smallest pack. I’m not entirely convinced enough to fork this much for the essential basics. But I bought the Clinque toner and Clinque sun screen (I have decided I’m getting a tad too many freckles and it’s reaching a stage whereby exceeding x no of freckles is possibly un-cute) to prevent further freckling. That, too, set me back a hefty 3 figure.

Apart from my $100 tress trimmings at Paragon (which go up to $180 now and then should I opt for indulgent Keratase spa treatment), I consider myself pretty low maintenance as far as frills are concerned. But even if I forego the elaborate making up (which, trust me, has never been embraced, yet), I find myself going through a tedious routine for the face daily. WASH, (EXFOLIATE), TONE, MOISTURE, AND NOW SLAP ON THE SUN SCREEN. POWDER IF DESIRED. And requiring 10 minutes of morning time is asking a lot, though it may seem negligible in the bigger scheme of things.

It took me this long to bother and put all the *right* stuff to nourish my face (purportedly). How much time must I invest when I decide to include my remaining skin. How the hell do women get outta their house ever.

I’m still trying to learn the skill effortlessly and naturally: how the best of my sex gets the time to perfect make-up techniques (in 5 minutes), do mani-pedicures, pluck and shape brows, dye/perm/rebond/set hair, facial/body sessions while staying mythically hairless in a politically incorrect manner. The best of them look okay (as in not too scary and obvious) and hopefully, it didn't take too much time once they get the hang of it.

We’ll all get there someday. But I want to look 19 forever. Okay, realistically, 20 forever.

Do guys attempt to put anything on the face and body at all? Guys whom I actually know? From the looks of it, I say no. Oops. Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah....i can't wait to meet up at changi...can't wait can't wait

9:27 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

What happened to your blog! I can't load it anymore. Have you given up on it? Write to me at angeline.ang@gmail.com

Everything okay at New Zealand? Let us know when you plan to return and when are your off peak and/or holiday periods. Ezo and I were thinking about traversing various New Zealand bits together with you.

Hope the academics are well and you are faring good

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home