The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Exposé

Underexposure is underexposed for a good reason, and it should stay that way. We hated it.

*

Last night, he said his throat has been feeling weird, ever since he came back from China. This morning, I woke up with a sore throat.

Me: Irrefutable conclusion. You made me sick.

He: That’s harsh. I hope that pun was not intended.

Me: So far, no – You don’t make me sick in that way.

He: Haha, good.

We went to Ma Maison for dinner. I fibbed and told my favourite story of how the huge key that was given to us at the table can be exchanged for a real room key at Intercontinental Hotel, with compliments from the restaurant – we are allowed to spend up to max of 2 hs in the private suite, being a tie-up promotion and all. Obviously, he believed.

*

But he scared me a little when we revisited the subject on blogs. What’s yours. I stared intently at the tealight and kept silent.

I haven’t actually written anything incriminating and ridiculous that can’t be seen by anyone, but I do write as if Mr Veins and Mr Dimples will never learn of the existence of this blog. Okay, fine, even if they do, like Mr Dimples, the knowing stretches as far as knowing I do have a blog, and never the contents.

So I didn’t say, but he did tell of his blog address in the end, which I did visit.

*


Or maybe I should just admit that I really can’t hold my drink. Went to Eski Bar with Minxiu and his Northwestern friends and stayed till closing. I only consumed one Eski Blue (alcoholic content and contents: unknown – but it taste friendly), which was 30ml at most. Felt okay. Then went to that Teochew porridge place near Zouk for supper, and I was still good. Slipped home and still okay. But woke up with a splitting headache. Lack of sleep or overdose of alcohol? If it’s the latter, and I’m experiencing a so-called hangover, then that’s damn pathetic. I’m pathetic. Incidentally, this is probably the real reason why I’m nursing a sore throat. I doubt I caught a throat germ through the food sharing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home