The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, May 02, 2005

How To Elude Happiness

I don't want to think about it.

I don't want to remember that I remember.

I don't want to contact the person.

I have two more hours before the day officially expires and escapes into the past.

*

It would have been rather simple had I just allowed myself the tiny pleasure of wishing him Happy Birthday. But no, it must not be so.

And so sparked off a series of crazy things. Like going off to town on my own, alternating between feeling cool and loser-like, buying stuff, all the while thinking it would be so nice if he could spend some time with me.

It's difficult to admit a person, even harder to admit a desire.

I don't think people who were unfortunate enough to get a casual sms from me today understand that I was yearning for company. I din say, but part of me wished the vibes were received, or that even those who din hear from me could give me a ring, somehow. It was that bad.

Given that only one person can make me happy, and that's the one person that I am consciously avoiding, does that make everyone else a substitute?

There's nothing wrong with being a substitute. I'm sure we're all some kind of substitutes for one another.

Derridean stories speak of an absence, against an original, so what do I do with the repetitions?

Perhaps he's more a philosopher than I ever was. Repetitions don't bother him, for I was never an original, and he can always repeat, with anyone else.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angeline said...

For the past few years, I've been structuring my response based on how he reacted to mine.

Yes, been through the "must be first" and/or "must be last" to wish. quite crazy and lame!! Sigh.
Anyway, this is one year he has not acknowledged (happened a couple years back too!) and I shall
reciprocate the coolness.

I won't have reminders, I'm sure he knows I knows, just like I know he knows mine. Just how, how do you fight with someone who doesn't believe in birthdays, gifts and all things nice?

Don't fight. Run away.

A year later, let's see if things will be any different for both of us? If we still stuck in the same rut, we can spend the two days together :)

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home