The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Prove It To Me

(1) That He's Just Not That Into You vindicates its theories
Recapping and Refreshing: Men will spring into action without delay ie ask you out readily. If you had to wait uncomfortably, he's just not that into you, seriously! Story: The photographer called and asked me out to dinner within the hour we ended the press interview. Had to turn him down 'coz I had a show on. Important Moral: I'm a damn charming creature.

(2) That everything happens for a reason
Story: I was upset that the Huang Shu Jun concert was all sold out. Damn depressing. Then I got an sms from Weixiang inviting me to Tuyi's place on the coming Friday for a Yu Neng Primary School gathering. Now, how cool is that. I have not seen some of them for over a decade (since I switched school) and thanks to Eric who's chummy with Weixiang who remembered to jio the traitor now that we are back in contact, yay, I got something exciting to see me through this week. The gather also happens to fall on the night I would have bought the tickets had they not been sold out. Important moral: If things don't happen, there's probably a very, very important reason stopping them.

(3) That things can fall, and be okay - ie fall into place
Story: Due to a very 冷 and very lame forward from Eric, and my witty retort, we are gonna attend a talk together. As the talk is political in nature, part of me is concerned someone might be there. The remaining me is appalled that it should even cross my mind at all. Even if someone's there, why should it matter for me. Important moral: I have lost my shallow but salient point. Am I proving that I'm scheming, that I have a conscience (and that it's okay to admit this failing), or that very 冷 , very lame forwards are good and acceptable and go a long way.

(4) That I have a career
Story: I'm attending two courses - one on management, and the other on copywriting, at no cost to myself of course. I resolve to be most hungry and determined and enthusiastic. Important moral: I must take absolute responsibility for my actions, nevermind the Humean contestations (on the dubious claim of causality). Must pull, must push, and never let go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i turned down to work for that show... =( coz i have some tentative plans for that day... i shall make sure i die die must go out that nite, so i won't feel that bad for rejecting that show.... arrgh!

-ww

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home