The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

i

On leave since Mon, but soon to pass, by Thurday, I should be back at work. Sob.

Shopping is always good to stop thinking. But. It's time to think. I've stopped thinking for far too long.

*

Had an okay Valentine. But I dearly miss Friendship Day in Temasek Junior College. I miss looking out for all the pretty cards and gifts dedicated to me on the Spider Web.

It's one thing to hate cliches and stereotypes but when the legendary cliche and stereotype has never happened to you before, I think it's only fair game to desire, and sadly soured grapes if you profess, without experiencing or attempting it, that you are not embracing it at all. For a shallow example, if you claim buying flowers are a waste of money, I can and want to believe you if you had bought before in the past. But if you had not, you cannot save me from the impression you are just making use of the cliche as an excuse to refrain from doing it, and you are a bloody cheapskate.

It was a strange night to be out. I registered no couples, and no sellers of flowers but that's probably because we were in the car most of the time, and already rather late. Dinner was easily settled at a familar terrain (once we found somewhere that's not closed). And I ordered my staple there. And I breathed in the past. Overlooking from the third storey, I breathed in a little more of a past even further away. I have missed walking this stretch but not tonight, not for the longest time. And tonight, we drove.

But back to flowers. It would be rather nice to celebrate V-Day proper eventually, without someone reminding me how crass and commercial it is. Don't forget, I'm dying to be crass and commercial for once. I don't see why not. Why I am so deprived. It has been years since I received roses - and so young then, it really doesn't quite count, I wasn't appreciative, not in the way I would be now if someone were to send me.

The best Valentine was last year, with Chinyi :) Just click and scroll to 14 Feb. For a real *official* date, scroll to 6 Feb. That pretty much laid the groundwork (to halt, perhaps) for what and where we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home