The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, April 08, 2004

I have sinned.

I blew $60 on lunch today.

罪过、罪过。

Went to Esplanade in CK's car for work-related activities. We went early to have lunch there. Since both of us have never been to 寒舍 ie My Humble House literally, we were rather happy to give it a shot (at my brilliant suggestion 'coz CK shares my passion for Fine Dining and Wonderful Food, and I really don't think most of my friends would appreciate the price, no matter what).

The place was quite nice with very tall chairs meant for people 2.5m tall, I kid you not. The fool, oops, slip, I really mean food, was worth what we paid.

But the whole experience was made fun and memorable by the very intriguing menu.

They have truly strange chinese names for the dishes.

潮起潮落 is actually a 牛柳 (that means beef, you banana) dish。

CK and I deliberated between set lunches with irreverent and irrelevant titles that go along the lines of 风从双肩掠过 and 记得那时夏天 。For dinner, you can have sets like 那白白的雪 and 听见山有歌 (something like that, lah).

It was most fascinating and we examined the menu over and over again.

I love most of all, an a la carte dish that bears the undignified name of 冲动的something 虾球。Why were the prawn balls rash? Was it because they were too eager to be cooked and swam too eagerly into the hot oil? This topped the list of strange things and a second close was the waves analogy used to describe beef. Why, why, why?

So the exorbitant price was squared off too by orgasmic pleasure derived from scrutinising the names of dishes.

I'm glad CK was my companion. This is definitely not the place to bring Chinese-very-lousy people. You won't derive any pleasure if so. And CK's Chinese is superb. I'm almost as good. We are both Chinese-very-powerful ppl :)

All in all, we had a very enjoyable time dissing, marvelling, making noise and 砸场, as usual, teasing the people who serve us.

My only quibble was the first dish that was served to us.

The something-something-very-long title that ends with 热情的沙律 was 不好吃。

*

Later on, when I remembered My Humble House is part of the Tung Lok Restaurant, I suddenly recalled I have the Tung Lok Happy Card. 10% off.

AH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home