The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

人不痴狂枉少年

有些事情不是那么容易忘掉
象你的人你要我哪里去找
有些话听一次就整个心乱了
谁管它到底真多少假多少


I’m quite, quite happy where I am. Yet I am obliged to be pensive by my own ridiculous inclination towards the sentimental and romantic. It all began by remembering and wondering, that led to a faint, feigned pining for a long-lost love that became rather real. What happened to him? Just before I left the previous place, I had met him in the lift, and realised with a jolt that we had been working in the same building for 3 months, three floors apart. There was no doubt he saw me too, but I had looked away. It was all too raw (actually it was utterly shameful) when I recalled how he had completely ignored my last few calls and sms-es, and I swore I would never bother again. And then a year past, and then there we were, thrust together in a lift packed with people. When the lift opened again, he scuttled out with a female who was definitely inferior to yours truly in all aspects, as far as the eye can coolly assess. Oh well. I can play the stranger game too. Except I was all too female to resist the occasional google to find out how it has been. I did it today out of boredom and ended up somewhat depressed, when the net tossed out information that made it seem he is studying in the UK now. Have I mentioned blinkymummy is leading exactly the kind of life I had envisaged for a lover and myself? To study and live together in UK, yes, UK, not America, not Japan, for England is where I first gleaned all academic and romantic concepts from: poetry, prose, play. And now, I’m still here, in Singapore. And he’s there, perhaps with another, and I must study harder than ever to find out that some chapters are, indeed, lost to me forever and other doors can open to lead me away from him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home