The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend

Just a quick incoherent post to capture my immediate feelings:

I received a diamond from someone very dear to me, the ex-boss/mentor/close friend/surrogate mum!

She had wanted to get me something and asked me what I wanted. The first thing that popped to mind was a pair of Birkenstock I had been obsessing over for the past three weeks. She barked no and promptly breezed into D’Meyson to browse through their wares. Before I knew it, I was trying them on, with her frowning in distaste or nodding in approval. The choice was unanimous – we both like a sparkling one that was set in a unique design. And so she bought it for me, just like that. I was touched when she said it was something she had wanted to do for me since my mum passed away.

This sure beats buying my first diamond myself (pathetic), or receiving one from the non-existing boyfriend (impossible). It’s from someone I respect, admire and love!! Who loves me lots lots in turn!!! Ahhhhh!!! I wonder what my mum will buy me for a first diamond if she’s still around.

As we walked out of the shop, she mentioned the sales person attending to us probably thinks we are lesbians.


(The diamond she bought me comes with certification somemore. Winner!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home