The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Running For Life Project - Run For A Picture

It's hard enough to focus on the pacing and remember to keep breathing regularly, while trying extremely hard not to outpant your fellow runners and to look sufficiently dignified at the same time for over an hour.

Then you have the cameras aiming at you. Which you valiantly avoid because you know exactly how glamourous you look at this very titillating moment. Yes, you are hot, no doubt about it, in addition to being sweaty and zombified.

I usually duck when I sense a camera in my direction - behind a runner - or I surge forward so that I'm too fast to be captured literally and the photo can't be used.

Unfortunately, I'm neither fast nor sensitive enough. This year's Shape run has 5 mortifying pictures of me in glorious action. Bleah.

I present to you one, and this is already the least humiliating of them all.


That thing in my hand - that's my make-shift running pouch. I have given up on taking a bag to these runs.

Well, I now clock 01:28:57.44 for 10km - which totally meets my comfortable target of running under 1:30:00.00. Is it time to consider seriously improving my timings instead of being gleeful that I'm running at all, and finishing all these runs in less-than-perfect numbers?

I have signed up for the GE women's 10km run and the Standard Chartered's half marathon. Whee. And close to a hundred bucks poorer.

Go me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home