The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Weird Day

I think phantom is a soulless musical. Sets were gorgeous but that’s pretty much it.

What story?

*

What would make a guy share without hesitation that he is a virgin? I didn’t actually ask, but I provided a context in which he asked if I wanted to ask and I think I said well, if you want to tell me…and voila, my faith in my sense of judgment when it comes to men is thankfully restored.

I guess I just wish to assure myself that while The Man has a low sex drive is entirely possible, it is also equally convincing that self-control, respect for The Woman and perhaps fear even, play no minor role either in a situation during which hardly any physical action takes place apart from innocuous chatting in an enclosed space for a prolonged period of time, no matter how many Other Men insist on the otherwise ie IT IS LOW SEX DRIVE . Argh.

I mean if The Woman can see the above statement as applicable to her, surely we should not deny The Man benefit of the doubt. I don't paw any man with veins, much as I would like to.

*


He replied to my sms today.

2 Comments:

Blogger X said...

Quote "What would make a guy share without hesitation that he is a virgin?"

Nothing, actually. I think we have grown to an age that these things are said in a matter of fact manner. And that's all.

Virginity is over-rated, and, under-defined. Haa...

1:50 PM  
Blogger cinewhore said...

That was exactly what I think of Phantom (which was why I refused to see it this time round), except I never thought of the word "soulless". Bravo.

Funny how I felt it was "soulless" when I was only in secondary school...

And I think it's a reflection of the parchedness of Singaporean souls that so many people here adore it. Is "parchedness" even an actual word?

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home