The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, April 13, 2007

有梦有朋友

After confessing my “am I too sentimental” paranoia for remembering only the good times in an email three years late, he held out his version of the olive by admitting his pleasure at hearing from me “truly”. We shared regrets and profuse apologies, and concurred whatever happened to make us cut each other out from our lives must have been silly.

Po used to be my most ardent arts companion in the sense he is the one and only person who badgers me more than I pester him to catch shows together. In true Po fashion, after we had ascertained to a good extent we are still as affected and affectionate as ever, he asked if I were interested in 《北京人》, which unfortunately I had already bought tickets to watch with Wang Yun, Kaiwen & Shimin. Then again, even if we had not “quarreled”, he would not be in Singapore either and I would still suffer the indignities of depending on the goodwill of friends for arty-farty companionship. Then, then again, I could have flown to UK & US where he had been to catch all the musicals I like. That’s beside the point though. I’m glad our friendship is back on track. There’s an established easy familiarity with old friends (all in all I have known Po for 13 long years!) that’s very comforting. You know, insiders’ joke and all that, which Time and Being Apart would not change. We remember.

I am unusually light-hearted today. Maybe because Po belongs to a past I’m very fond of and being in contact again makes me feel youthfully buoyant and invincible.

Incidentally, Po is also the only friend in my posse who is successfully living out his dreams and ideals. Congratulations!

*

Earliest mention of Po in this blog, during happier times, before we went our separate ways a week later.

Addendum/Disclaimer: Very obviously, Po is NOT Mr Veins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home