The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, April 16, 2007

怎么办

Accomplishments this week (yeah, we aim for small and slow but several to make it all add up big): bought 3 pairs of seriously formal (all daintily pointy and heeled ) work shoes at a steal from JWEST & Bonia, one ridiculously flattering top from BLUM that I can pair with shorts and still look adorably professional at work, plus two dresses from BLUM again for those unknown and unexpected occasions, watched 251 (so long as you don’t expect depths, not even of the shallow kind, it should be relatively pleasing), watched Conversations With Other Women (loved it), ate at Menotti for the first time to celebrate April’s birthday (hated my dish but April’s order was yummy), ate at Lawry’s for the first time with my sis (food and place are overrated) and of course the ultimate achievement: making up with Po. I can now boast to know a law professor “really well”!

Nevertheless, there are still things in life to grieve and despair over. My first driving lesson went pretty well. It also made me appreciate drivers and so I was still smiley when Mr Dimples text-ed: how many times did the car die? C’mon, I could drive smoothly! I was cruising, at a supremely slow rate, of course.

But today, I sucked. I was, in a word, terrible. In more words, I was 手忙脚乱. Sigh.


Yes, the car either died many times or it spluttered and jerked to life in the most offensively half-hearted way.

Depressing because I thought I was smarter than this. The only defence I can think of is that I absorb more when I read. Listening to conversations and woes of friends is one thing, but hey driving instructions sound like they are transmitted in the oddly familiar language I should know but just don’t register most of the time.

The tragedy of the situation was defused somewhat when Mr Dimples came to fetch me for a late lunch. He surprised me with two tubes of hand lotion in (cherry blossom and coconut lim verbana) that he had earlier bought from Bath & Body Works from US. Oooh I thought you don’t do souvenirs, said my raised eyebrow. Oh I give my closer friends. Ha. Okay. I love gifts so I shall not embarrass him and left it at that.

How can I be a good driver? Mr Dimples looked at me, beamed and baited me with his car keys: want to drive my car? And promptly withdrew the offer when I said 那我真的不客气了哦.

Why is it so hard to be independent????!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home