The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

夕阳无限好

It’s time for a clean confession. I love my job, I really do.

It’s amazing that I can do what I enjoy and eking a living out of it, and believing in good faith I’m contributing to society and the world while at it. Yes, it is not farfetched at all to say an (if not the) entire economy is sustained by my profession.

It’s even more amazing I happen to be damn good at what I do.

*contented sigh*

Interestingly, I also double up as a producer and copywriter and translator. I was happy to dash in and out of the malls last week for yet another shoot, very happy to be exact.

I guess whatever my gripes, I can’t deny I’m in my element. I can proudly defend and justify my profession and I definitely see meaning in what I do.

The invites to the biggies in the entertainment scene are just icing on the cake, for I have always bought tickets to productions I would like to watch. Except now I waltz in, free and in style, and get jiggy enough to attend pre and post cocktails occasionally.

What more can I ask, apart from the obvious? J

I’m also flying off on my first business trip this weekend. Granted it’s KL, but still!

Yay! I’m literally going to places!

*

In other news, Beautante gave me the best present I can ever hope to get. All the episodes of Daria dubbed into CDs!! Whee! How totally, totally unexpected.

In other, other news, Qingwei, Minxiu and I ate at this restaurant at Prinsep Street yesterday. Ambience was great but food an utter letdown. Perhaps that’s why there was no one else dining there for the hour plus we were. Then we saved the night by popping over to Minxiu’s place to chill. Borrowed DVDs in the name of work.

Bought the limited edition of a Mickey Mouse phone for only $100 – almost brand new from a colleague.

Received a free Creative nano due to insurance purchases. Hence the infinite postponement of Project iPod

夕阳无限好
天色已黄昏
本想去凭爱
去换最灿烂一生
想不到长吻
带来更永恒伤感

夕阳无限好
却是近黄昏
高峰的快感
刹那失陷
风花雪月不肯等人
要献便献吻

好风景多的是 夕阳平常事 然而每天眼见的 永远不相似

1 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Does this mean that you're getting into Eason?

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home