The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I'm a bad person, bad, bad, bad. I am so passive sometimes it makes me want to puke, and not just because of the atrocious alliteration, 'coz I really mean it. Like I din reply to at least 5 sms-es in the past few days that warranted a reply. April asked me how I was holding up in life and if we could meet so that she could pass me my birthday gift. Pei Chyi wanted to know when I'm free to meet up. Jiahui, my fav person in JC whom I haven't seen in over a year plus plus 'coz she went to Japan has been calling and msging umpteen times (I have always admired her patience with me). Sherry, who hanged out with us, also sms-ed me that she hopes to have a cosy get-together real soon. And ewwww, I suck!!! I din reply to any of these!!!! To be fair, I promise myself I will but somehow there seems always to be something worthier needed done and timing is all wrong and I never did send out anything in the end. Now that I blog my sins, I hope I can contact these people I have severely mistreated in good time. They, being nice, gracious and kind, will not even think about my friendly lapse in conduct, much less bear itchy grudges against me.

The weird thing is I do miss all these ppl who have been trying to get me. Somehow, the flesh is just very weak to sms or call back and I continue hanging out with friends I already see very, very regularly. Or I go out with ppl I miss much lesser by comparison. I suspect it is because some of my friends are truly very pro-active. Like how they will call and ask you straight out to do stuff together weekly without fail. Or even if it's not that regular, they at least call, make damn sure I pick up and let me stammer my yes-es. Add the fact I find it genuinely difficult to say no offhand and let ppl down, esp when they appear to be enjoying and desirous of my company a lot, I am afraid my less active friends suffer as a result.

So I find myself agreeing to contemplate watching Lost in Translation, House of Sand and Fog, having already agreed to have two plays, and to have dinner with the same person.

So I find myself having a lunch companion next Monday with someone I don't know well enough to know what to think.

So I am to find myself clubbing this weekend (but this is one thing I am so looking forward to).

So I am to have my next two sats taken already (with people I love a lot despite regular meets so that's ok ).

The question is, how can I see my other friends? Then there's Chinyi who has set tunes to my lyrics and we are gonna test the so-called songs out (so this shld actually be the priority meet). There's Shinhao, whom I told I have two hours to spare (which I believe he was secretly pleased 'coz he wants to devote all free time to his lady love: Lady Law). I would also love to see Grace from lit hons. I would love to have time to do good lunches with some of my fav ppl in the office too, more frequently.

There should be a Friendship Day every month listed as public holiday for friends to catch up with one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home