The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Today was a Good Day. Despite the rains, my mood was sunnily happy. The pent-up frustrations, inchoate sentiments, and general bad karma of recent times (days, months, years?) were forgotten (if not exorcised) as I indulge in my one indulgence: ktv-ing, yay!!!!

I am such a great singer, my goodness :) I never fail to be surprised by the emotional range and depths I can convey. I am so cool. The first time Po heard me sing, he gushed I am a lot better than a lot lot of stupid singers that has cut albums. Ahem, I was of course, too polite (and too honest) to protest even feebly against such allegations so I accepted whole-heartedly his generosity and kindness towards and appreciation for genuine talent. I know I can never sound awful and I am quite in love with my singing voice too. So I totally understand when people are bowled over.

My singing companion for the day is Shimin and she has a really sweet voice. Speaking wise, I am quite jealous for sometimes I have the sneaking suspicion she sounds better than me where voice quality is concerned. But, but, but, I sound obviously better when we compare our singing voices (yes, there's difference in singing and speaking voices). Am I not right, Shimin dear, light of my life for today?

The whole ktv experience was made all the more memorable by the fact we paid only $9 each for a 4.5h ktv session with lunch thrown in. We spent only a dollar plus if we go by the hour. Talk about cheap thrills! And we still had so many unsung songs!!! *mourns* But we are going again, very soon. Either this week, or next week.

I also managed to eat my favourite curry puffs from the Marine Parade Market. The best curry puff in Singapore, I insist. I bought some for Shimin too and I'm glad to announce she concurs with the preceding statement.

And I finally own a Baby G!!! Except it's blue instead of pink. I have always wanted to own a pink one (I have never own any in any colour) and somehow this desire got buried, resurfacing only late december last year, this memory of a desire. Kaile, Qiuyan, Huixin and Shimin got it for me (but i chose the design with the intervention, recommendation and help of Shimin). The blue one just looks better so to hell with the original dream/desire for pink. But I am not wearing it yet. Shimin has kidnapped it home to gift-wrap it (it's supposed to be my birthday present).

To end off the perfect day, I met CK and Amanda for private CNY reunion dinner at Westlake restaurant and did the tossing ritual, drank hot and sour soup, peeled and ate a lot of drunken prawns, pried at vegetables, tasted the fatty braised pork with bread etc etc. CK insisted on treating us, which was really nice of her, given how many times she has picked up the tabs and given us huge discounts on the bill whenever we end up in posh places and uppity restaurants (plus free movie passes and play tickets) of her own accord already!!! I hope I earn suffice to treat generously or when i actually have the ability to pay, not to lose the spirit of being generous. The latter is not quite possible, coz I am one of the most 大方 people I have come across and I enjoy giving treats. I just loathe pettiness and penny-pinching when one can afford and when one ought to spend.

Then we drove to Foster's Cafe in Holland V for coffee and calamari.

Oh, and I din get the Bee Gee's, coz Shimin loan me hers but it ain't got no Melody Fair. I also got a pack of Peter Pan ang pows, courtesy of the light of my life for today.

A Most Good Day, people, and Good Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home