The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, January 16, 2004

Updating everyday is an impossible task. I really have better things to work on like sleeping, tidying still messy tables, clear out clothes from my cupboard, organise my writings and all. After reviewing and much consideration later, I have decided either I keep to 2-3 entries a week or I put up really shorter pieces so that it doesn't eat into time that was meant for other things (I suspect that was why I stopped blogging, apart from the fact the host server for my side closed down and I was suddenly homeless in cyberland, with lotsa time on hand again).

My baby steps to making life beautiful and better for myself:

1) Bought 30 books from NLB book sale at $2 each. I think I got an excellent bargain!

2) Sent stuff to Chinyi at least and see if she could work any magic to change both our lives. Now all I need is a tape recorder.

3) Applying 1 week's worth of leave and factoring in the festive holidays, I get a 2wk break from work. Recharge. Rest. And Rest.

4) Buying pretty clothes...I got 2 nice tops on Sunday

5) I'm going to KL with ppl I love and adore.

Much as I hate to admit, as I was telling Ruth just now, maybe I'm oh so ready to fall in love, if I weren't already falling. All the kitsches in romances, here's your cue to prance before me!!! I think someone can make me happy so easily if he so wishes, then that it's just disgusting.

My work is not exactly heaven. But realising he will be there waiting for me after 6pm puts a bounce in my step and a small semi-knowing smile on my face, like we both share a secret, though the catch is we have never communicated directly the knowing, so I may not know or he could be wrong, and we both could be immensely embarrassed when outed but hey, do you have anything against my feeling happy? Then shut up with your may-bes. Only my neuroses are entitled to be suspicious and paranoid. And my entry, cos my neuroses are guiding the writing.

It's very sweet to have someone meeting you at your workplace and you two move off together like the lovers you are not, perhaps especially sweet 'cos in the still-in-progress stage or maybe less sweet 'cos you are overreading, overreacting (voiceover: ironically you could very well be underestimating now) and I'm so not going to let my neuroses take over. Just gonna halt the speculations and bask in his presence.

So love makes one happy, just the sheer anticipation of the moment of meeting makes me heady. I was actually foolish enough to extend my euphoria by downloading cheesy songs like Never Had A Dream Come True, It Might Be You, Heaven Is A Place On Earth...and mind you, I haven't felt this excited for a long time, the sense of having something to look forward to. The songs I usually played as accompaniment for work are depressing korean drama instrumental tracks.

My next mp3 to be collected will be One in a Million by Bosson:

I was cool and everything was possible
You tried to catch me but it wasn't possible
Nobody could hurt me it was my game
Until I met you baby and went insane
And when you didn't want me, I wanted you
Because the finer thing bout it was I like to go
I like it when its difficult I like it when it's hard
You know it's worth it if ya find your heart

You're one in a million
You're once in a lifetime
You made me discover all the stars above us
You're one in a million
You're once in a lifetime
You made me discover all the stars above us

I'm the real McCoy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home