The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Really Realistic Resolutions 2004, RRR2004:

In terms of Reading,

1) Read and hopefully own (courtesy of the 5-dollar booksales mushrooming everywhere) the entire Fitzgerald collection.

2) Read Japan and China travelogues to plan a trip that covers Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hokkaido, and Beijing, Shanghai, and wherever all those 白族、回族...tribes are located respectively, so that I can pack up and leave when I please.

3) Revise my ailing Japanese. Learn Advanced Japanese. Take JLPT Test.

4) Read classics like Vanity Fair.

5) Read Chinese plays and more 散文.

In terms of Personal Achievements,

1) Blog, blog, blog at least once a day.

2) Write, write, write. Finish my trilogy if poss. Compile complete my short stories otherwise. Write more reviews of plays and movies as samplers.

3) Send stuff to Chinyi to work together on.

4) Get a new tape recorder and do my recordings and send.

5) Send out my ready manuscripts before they rot and before I do.

In terms of Physical Appearance,

1) Resist insane urges to chop off curly mane to a cropped, boyish do. Resist any very temporary desire on a bad hair day to rebond and dye tresses. In short, maintain current very messy, curly, long, black hair. May splurge on clips and stuff to dress up hair though. And invest in hair products and Very Expensive Haircuts.

2) Battle the eyebags and get sufficient rest. At least 6.5 hs if not 7.5. Break unhealthy habit of gulping water right before going to bed. Get into the habit of drinking water first thing in the morning. Attempt to sleep in a more elevated position. Remember to use eye products regularly.

3) Battle the freckles. Next time when go on long walks, must, must wear caps and shy away from sun. Hide behind friend, or tree, or go at night.

4) Do my exfoliating and toning and masking/unmasking with a vengeance.

5) Run 3(x60 mins) times a week and go gym once a week.

In terms of Buying Sprees,

1) Buy more skirt and dress ensembles and stop buying black and white pieces.

2) May buy earrings and cat bags and tops to cheer myself up anytime when things go awry and people turn dreadful.

3) Get a new Braun Buffel wallet and some branded working bags on pretext of professionalism.

4) Shop for a new man who is 1.8m at least, veined, older and wiser and treats me right without taking up too much of my time, at zero emotional cost to myself.

5) Shoes, Baby, Shoes.

In terms of Relationships,

1) Do Not confuse or mislead people into believing I like them more than I actually do.

2) Do not underpresume on my part or act blurblur or pretend nascent attraction does not exist. In year 2003, I have been unfairly accused and maligned of having a strange and stubborn propensity to underpresume. This resolution is to make damn sure I can avoid such unpleasantness.

3) Refrain from doing the wide-eyed innocent ingenue look as a safe reaction to situations I can't respond honestly, or I don't wish to handle because so overwhelmed with embarrassment, whatever. Damnit, just say it. Let's practise: Dear, yes, I think it is entirely possible we may be happy together. Or - Darling, I have never, ever liked you in that way. Then insert the trademark look to soften the blow.

4) Don't mistake flirtiness for simple, normal, platonic friendliness. Some people have very low thresholds when it comes to friendships. They move on to unnecessarily higher grounds too quickly.

5) A spillover from 4) - Don't flirt too much, or rather, don't be too friendly to people who presume too much. Learn to read signals. Learn. Please.

In terms of Friendships,

1) See some people at least once every three - six mths.

2) Do not see some people every week.

3) Do not see some others at all

4) Be kind. Be grateful. Be sane. Be understanding. But allow myself to be the deserving diva that I am now and then.

5) Be open to the idea of seeing new people whom I may not care for now. They may be really nice and I may like them if we go out often enough. Be equally open to the idea of seeing ex-friends who were close friends (3 and 5 are mutually exclusive. There will be no one who can fall into both categories. You are either 3, or 5) and do attend gatherings. Please, please.

In terms of Family

1) Be patient. Be nice. Be a good daughter and sister.

2) Be patient. Be nice. Be a good daughter and sister.

3) Be patient. Be nice. Be a good daughter and sister.

4) Be patient. Be nice. Be a good daughter and sister.

5) Be patient. Be nice. Be a good daughter and sister.

Miscellaneous,

1) Bind and tidy and file all my writings neatly and save them properly.

2) Make sure there's a space on my workdesk to write at all times. *read: tidy up desk*

3) Be cheerful, positive and perky for the first 10 hs after waking up, even if it kills me. This is good work etiquette.

Hold me to my words, blog!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home