The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

安静了

I received an unexpected sms around 10pm (!) today from Mr Dimples.

I intend to ignore it, just like what I have been doing (nothing!) for his last sms to me and for the last few messages left on my facebook page.

Maybe this time, he will really get it. I’m not going to respond and I never will.

I couldn’t resist calling Best Friend and crowing about it though.

Being absolutely catty, I wondered aloud (again!) if it has dawned on him that his girlfriend is a bore and no one can be as fascinating as yours truly; if he’s done missing my company silently and stoically and is doing something to test the waters of friendship and so on.

No, you will never enjoy the pleasure of my companionship again. So don’t bother.

My blood boils each time I remember how he has intentionally mislead me to the very end, by withholding the fact he already has a girlfriend (when he could have let me down gently once he has made the decision that it’s not me); by still preying on my companionship after that (k, so I was partly to blame here too); by expecting me to go on a date with him and his girlfriend; by taken for granted that our easily established chemistry would go on forever and he can still adopt an intimate tone with me, by saying he values success over passion (thus implying I was too challenging a catch) and again, the list of crimes go on and on.

Go and whine to your math teacher girlfriend can. She will teach you the world is 1 + 1 = 2 and there is really no need to overcomplicate matters.

Then I wonder is that why Mr Veins is ignoring me, and if I may stress, like the plague. Can we draw any parallels and learn something from my ignoring of Mr Dimples? Well, I can’t. But I know I’m making good progress in the art of forgetting when it escaped me it was Mr Veins’ birthday last Friday. No chance to do my annual quick moping and mourning!

Mr Dimples: Hi, if you remember the nasty boss which I told you about, he’s removed from the programme and I’ve outlasted him. Wonder whether should I be happy about such an outcome. Haiz. At least this episode came to an end. How are you doing with your career? Saw on facebook that you’ve strong opinions on the Aware saga.

Dude, that was almost a year ago. It’s been that long since we hanged out as a twosome, minus Meihui’s wedding last November. Why should I care? What right do you claim to be privy to my life that does not involve you anymore? Can you stop being so naïve?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has it come to a stage in our lives where platonic friendships do not exist? Is it because we have lesser and limited energy and emotions to go around such that we think that a friendship between the opposite sex, if it gets more intimate, should probably end up in a relationship? if not, something is not right, right?

It just strikes me that we can't have friendships like we used to in school. where friends of the opposite sex can remain, friends. I think this do not exist the older we get. i can't imagine knowing eg. minx now. I would be thinking "what does he want from me?" too.

mh

9:59 AM  
Blogger Angeline said...

Hello girlfriend! Where's the wedding photo of me and you together?? I want!!

I believe close platonic relationships are still possible.

In this unusual case, I firmly believe he has relinquished all rights to free access in my exclusive social circle since there is zero marginal utility to be derived from his company, based on his former behaviour. I will only feel he is leeching off me to have the best of both worlds, in his worlds.

Had he been more upfront, more honest and less predatory (whether he knows/means it or not), then maybe I could stil respond in some faint way as a friend.

He sms-ed again this morning :(

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home