The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, September 29, 2006

The Vain Her & The Veined He

Mr Dimples has veins running down his arms suddenly. That was the first thing I noticed when I was in his car and he put his hands on the steering wheel. After waiting expectantly for them to disappear, which happily they did not, I began to nurture hope they could be a more long-term fixture. Miracles never cease. An hour later, I asked irrepressibly (and most casually), ‘’how come you have veins today? Did you go and cultivate them over the week?” “I went to play badminton yesterday and my hands are crippled, you see.” “I think you should play badminton often then. Having veins make people attractive.” After which I switched topic immediately.

Veins are cool. ‘Nuff said.

*

Today, I was a happy and accomplished schoolgirl. Went to the Lido Isetan private sale in the late morning and bought 3 pairs of shoes at 30% off that were the last in my size. Also bought the Clinique set to start on a new skin regime in conjunction with the whole swallowing nonsense and walked away with many skin freebies and a $25 voucher.

While attempting the shopping physically in Orchard, I was also getting Minxiu to buy Regent mooncakes on my behalf from the company roadshow. That saved me more time to do what a girl’s gotta do.

My conquests were damn heavy so I dumped everything at his place in the end, especially since some of the mooncakes required to be refrigerated (?!) before hitting town again.

Then, it was utilizing the Women’s Weekly one-for-one dining voucher at Swissotel Merchant Court for its high tea buffet.

And because we are movie soulmates, we watched p.s together. Yes, it’s not high school anymore. We get hurt, but we move on. The chapter has been closed and the book, burnt.

Did more shopping at Heeran where I bought a strawberry shortcake vintage tank top from NUM and Minxiu got himself a pussy tee at instant karma.

I must say NUM shop assistants are very hot!!! Where the hell do they find time to pump iron if they are manning the shop?! Embarrassingly, I have never noticed their veins because I never get passed the well-muscled shoulders anyway. I like.

Leave well-spent, for sure. And it’s back to work. Scarlet, then Ritz-Carlton visiting tomorrow. Oh well.

2 Comments:

Blogger cinewhore said...

Why you never mention my "wave replacement theory" for the NUM shop assistants?

Anyway, "required to be refrigerated"?! And you call yourself a lit student. "Required refrigeration".

And they require refrigeration because they are snowskin mooncakes. Don't tell me you leave them outside same as regular mooncakes? They'll go bad!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

because it was fun to speculate theoretically but highly impossible in practice? it differs from law of diminishing returns which sets in in no time. law of muscular degeneration lasts longer - you said so yourself on muscled mass.

required keeping vs required to be kept. required styling vs required to be styled. both also can what. though admittedly w/o to be sounds snazzier when on its own. but i like it better with to be when placed within that convoluted sentence in my entry.

in a nutshell, exactly because i'm a lit student, i'm fluid. i have full respect for proper grammar but not when it gets in the way of writing.

i "refrigerated" them (happy now?)lah. but i thought the black sesame filling would taste better if it were more gooey like what we find when we bite into tang yuan balls.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home