The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, September 18, 2006

I Love You

In normal newsflash, he finally said I love you.

And so he did, when we were at Tanglin Camp for the Art Biennale and there’s this hilarious installation work in which you scream loudly into the microphone in front of a huge picture board completely filled with ladies gazing adoringly at you. The ladies will cheer enthusiastically, depending on how you utter your declarations.

Say what, he asked.

Say I love you lah, and I rolled my eyes.

And the good-natured him obliged and shouted I love you very, very much to my amusement.

I’m afraid Tanglin Camp was more fun for me than it was for my companion. Mr Dimples had originally wanted to see the sculptures at UOB, Raffles but acceded to my horrified outburst of “how can we not go Tanglin Camp, especially when it closes at 6pm and sculptures can see anytime what.” He remarked it was more of a science exhibition upon finishing our rounds.

Yes, likewise the works at Tanglin Camp were bizarre for me too. The location and context didn’t seem to count in what was installed. You could take out the artwork from Tanglin Camp and display it at home, and it wouldn’t matter. At least the one can read meanings into the exhibits put up at old Supreme Court.

Nevertheless, I had a gleeful time running all over the place. Mr Dimples, bless him, was in the early stage of full-blown flu. I wish he told me earlier so that we can postpone the outing but being the gallant guy he is, he manfully just grinned.

Lunch at East Coast Boon Tong Kee and dinner at Samy’s Curry.

One scene in particular stuck out. I can’t remember what preceded this or set the premise for his remark but he was mentioning he seldom jio anyone out these days. The natural reply from me was “busy huh” and he simply repeated his statement he seldom jio anyone out these days. On hindsight, perhaps I could have come back with something naughty like “is it because you are always with me” but witty utterances have rarely coincided with timeliness. And oh today, I did find Mr Dimples hot and I seemed to have banished the offending
law. Yay.

*

In more important news: I’m back on a bloody diet and vowing to run at least twice a week henceforth. I’m getting fat. So if you are my friend, we are only to eat at healthy establishments if we have to eat. I need to detox after one too many lunches at chichi hotels and dinners at atas places.


As an aside, I went to shinhwa concert last week as well as the Wu Bai & Zhang Zhen Yue double bill the week before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home