The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, November 06, 2009

The Angelinesque Project: Day 7

There is this person in my current company whom I have thought of as cute when I was still working in my previous company. Actually, I find him quite unconventionally and uncharacteristically hot now with the benefit of hindsight (thanks to goggle).

Our paths have been crossing rather randomly since I started work here. But I have to admit I do nurse a secret thrill when we talk on the phone and he starts going off-tangent - he’s weirdly naggy and repetitive, but I like his twang and accent – or when I bump into him at corridors.

Encounters - such as his sliding into the seat next to mine and us chatting for a good half hour while we were at the same dry run for a show - are haphazard moments that I treasure in the usual silly crush fashion; even though I remember nothing of our exchange except that he has perfect eyesight and he can be self-deprecating in a manner I find totally charming.

I even don’t mind going home late from work because he usually ends late. We happened to meet one night around 10pm on the same stretch of road and ended up walking together to the station. And I will forever kick myself because at that critical crossroad point, at which he casually said he need to grab dinner from the mall first, I did not offer my company. I said bye all too coolly. Ah.

Today, I had my cheap thrill. Those of you on my FB might have noticed my status update. The ridiculously cheap kind, which I can’t say ‘cos he’s on my FB too.

Yes, reader, I got my high from being in extremely close physical proximity with my work crush. Yay!

How close? For some unfathomable reason, his workstation is the size of a cupboard complete with a door and no windows. It’s like your average storeroom. And the door automatically shuts close. So it fits one person just fine. But it becomes too close for comfort (complete violation of private space) and claustrophobic when there are two of us.

So work crush was supposed to have already prepared a CD for my collection. But when I arrived, somehow it wasn’t done yet. Hence, I was half-in and half-out of his room out of modesty and basic respect, waiting, waiting. Then suddenly another male colleague said excuse me and I moved inside while the new third party stood in my original position and started yakking about urgent stuff. When the third party moved out, the door closed in. Then there was just work crush and I, in the cupboard that was supposed to be a workstation, for the next 5 minutes while he burnt the DVD for me. Sexy huh.

And I end the story of my cheap thrill for the day.


Feeling bouncy and bimbotic :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home