The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, November 01, 2009

The Angelinesque Project: Day 2

On an average workday, it is almost impossible to run any errands, be it the productive kind or the purchasing sort, so I guard weekends zealously. Which usually means all those movies-and plays-to-catch; friends-to-meet activities hog the top spot on my to-do list and crunch up “me” time (and I seriously mean ME ONLY time) big time, and I am left scrambling for scraps of alone-ness to fit in individual segments independent of friends and family.

I decide to be generous to my physical self today and scrap emofeeding my soul for once (I had in the last three days, caught 4 inspirational movies, and even that can be too much for a literary and pop culture snob). So I am off for a hair spa, to think and put out empty, replenishing some household products and maybe treat myself to a fashionable pair of glasses and a uniquely designed LBD. Yes, I shop better when I do not have company. Better luck too. Oh, and if time should permit, we can throw in a massage too.

*

On a separate note, is it the norm to cab your way to anywhere these days? I confess I cab to work almost everyday now. It makes me feel ready and happy for work, as I emerged calm and collected with no flyaway hair. I cab every weekend too, to town and heading home. I am convinced it is a good investment: I am buying time and convenience. I no longer experience MRT rage and surely, that is a good thing. Others see it as squandering the cash; I see no purpose in squirreling away these dollars in my current life circumstance. It is necessary and it is not evil. Best Friend affirms the theory and practice, and I feel validated as it is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous sj said...

I cab to work everyday too...with similar self rationalization. It's reassuring to know there is someone who thinks along these lines too.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home