The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well. Oh Well.

FB says his status has changed from being in a relationship to married.

With the wisdom of hindsight, rhetoric questions are begged. The most pertinent being why he would want to contact me the week before that. All reasons would be excuses and just as futile.

Looking back, I am mostly relieved that things didn’t work out along the way when I still was in it entirely for the thrill and fun while the agenda-ed party was already sussing me out as a potential life partner ie marriageable material.

Did I ever think boyfriend? Yes. Did I ever think husband? Never. And it would not have been fair to either of us. I would hate the invisible pressure and he would get nowhere. Seriously, if we were together now, and he were to propose, I would say not now, if not an honest no.

I am not ready to be someone’s wife and I see it as me having to give up so, so much just to be a legally bound team.

I am happy to cruise along socially. I may not be seeing anyone new now on a regular basis but I still date within my incestuous pool of guy friends. Ha. But really. Familiarity is so comforting these days.

*

That’s me in the Forum page of Saturday’s ST. The one about the marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home