The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Angelinesque Project: Day 1

365 days. But no recipes. Or remedies either. Just one girl versus the world she once believed to be her oyster. She will not cave in; she will not be clammed in. She will give her life the makeover, and she has exactly a year to do that. There will be daily blogging to show her progress and the lack of. Big, lofty goals do not belong to this incubating period. We are talking about actively doing something small, yet significant and tangible every day that she can derive happiness and satisfaction from.

How far will this project go? How strange can she stray to ensure her well-being? We can only count, and write, and review, one day at a day.

*

Yes, this idea came from watching Julie and Julia. I love eating, but I can’t cook at this point. Just thinking about its dire aftermath ie washing up suffices to throttle any burgeoning interest stirred up by the movie. So does doing the math for investing in cooking equipment and remembering I don’t have an oven at home.

But, hey, I can be the quintessential cubicle rat and Singapore drone who is tired of waiting and working hard for her big break. I need to find a way of having my breakthrough in life without relying too much on luck, love and opportunity. If they are there, well and good. If they are not appearing any time soon, I have better create something within the bounds of my control.

I’m a Julie in my Angelinesque way. I am a writer, and an unpublished one too. I have completed and unfinished manuscripts laying around somewhere. I have started to write songs, with bigwigs in the industry saying I have potential, and I have yet to publish any songs as well. I have also been blogging for nearly five years, with lesser and lesser entries materialising in the last two years. The limited postings really mean I am mellowing in a manner that I disagree with.

Writing less is most disagreeable and that is something I am going to right immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home