The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

He Calls It The Fear Of Rejection

I’m not sure how it sheds any light on a matter long put to rest (read: inertia, closeted and somewhat forgotten) but for the record,

Mr Dimples: I don’t make the first move because I’m afraid of rejection.

Me: I think if the girl likes the boy, she will definitely be sending out signals, and it is just too bad if the boy happens to be a block of wood who cannot read the clues.

YQ: I think what he means is an irrational fear of rejection per se. Doesn’t matter what the clues are, obvious and otherwise, it’s irrational, it’s fear!!

Mr Dimples: *nods earnestly*

Me: *rolls eyes dramatically* (sadly I don’t think anyone noticed, because it was too dark in the car and my intended audience next to me was probably keeping his eyes on the road)

*

DSD gets a little worse every year. This year’s theme comes across as recycled, particularly for the last 30 minutes of the show. I have been asked to wave the little Singapore flag they were giving out two years ago again today. Very déjà vu, very strange.

*

Dinner in Blooies at East Coast on Mr Dimples who is newly promoted with YQ as our impromptu guest. I was secretly pleased to have YQ along so that we touched upon the topics that matter: BGRs, which between Mr Dimples and I, we have managed to avoid talking about it steadfastly and completely, saved from a third person’s perspective (my friend says etc etc). And somehow, YQ brought up my pet male peeve (which I have written in an earlier post): that granted it is sad to have no one making advances towards you, still, it is, nevertheless, equally undesirable to have sadder looking members (in looks and personality) of the opposite sex believing they have a chance to hit off with you. Something which is obviously new and of interest to Mr Dimples as he has never heard me on that, that I do go Ewww in the Mean Girls sorta way (not in their face though, I’m still nice in that way) when Cannot-Make-It-Guys, be it strangers or acquaintances, attempt to be friendly and more.

I don’t whether to laugh or cry when Mr Dimples appears eager for my validation that he passes my QC and I wouldn’t Ewwww at him. Hello? Duh? Are you blind, stupid or both?

Sob. Why am I always in a situation where the guy doesn’t get it? This is despite just before Blooies and YQ, we had a part 1 dinner at his favourite Hokkien mee place and throwing all caution to the wind, I remarked just as breezily that the white in his hair made him look extremely distinguished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home