The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, August 26, 2005

The Aussie Way

I would most probably leave for Australia at the end of the year. Going with someone whom I don’t know well but like well enough. It’s so refreshing to meet someone bursting with energy and enthusiasm, and who actually doesn’t just say things but act on them actively.

I thought it a casual mention when she first brought it up over our mezza9 extravagance. But she asked again early this week via email and sprang into my cubicle after lunch today. I guess it’s a real invitation to plan and leave this place, work, Singapore and all.


And I’m for it. I hesitated for 3 secs and I nodded eagerly. Tomorrow I shall return her mail and write out a list of stuff we should be looking at on our own first before holding a joint discussion to thrash out the itinerary.

But we did agree happily on the spot we will want to skim on accommodation and do artsy stuff (like visiting museums and catching plays) and go open markets (earrings and accessories, here we come!) to spend all our cash there. While we like to cut down on actual living expenses, we also concur the occasional expensive meal (fresh seafood) will be very nice, and that we hope to live, nevertheless, in air-conditioned comfort with the option of hot water and an attached bathroom. Ha, perhaps student hostels and backpackers’ inns are out of the question then?


I wish more people are like that. Unfortunately, not even my closest friends have that kind of spontaneity that can naturally combust and is sustainable on self-initiation. Maybe they are a lazy and stressed bunch, too caught up in life and all kinds of things. Or perhaps we know each other too well. Maybe if I know my potential traveling companion better, I may form a different impression?

Let me enjoy the loveliness of her spontaneity anyway. Yes, you, you, you and you, we should aspire to natural combustion with the zest to embrace life with smiles and good attitude. We are too sian, too sei2, too comfortable in company such that we drag each other down. And that really shouldn’t be the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home