The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Don't Look Back In Anger

Take me to the place where you go
Where nobody knows
If it’s not our day

My luck ran out. After stoically putting up with late nights for two weeks (Devil’s Bar, KTV sessions), sun-fried days, immoral indulgence (mezza9, Tunglok’s Noble House), and life’s little vexations, my health gave way and I woke up, feeling sickly and terrible today.

It took me a good 30 minutes to decide whether I should take MC or go to work. There’s a lot of stuff I need to rush. Hell, with a fever and cough and flu and sore throat in tow, I doubt I can accomplish much anyway, apart from worsening my condition. At least I can rest at home and write some releases and trailer scripts when I am less poorly. And there are the contracts to scrutinise.

I’m gonna start a revolution from my bed
’Cos you said the brains I had went to my head
Step outside, ’cos summertime’s in bloom
Stand up beside the fireplace
Take that look from off your face
’Cos you ain’t ever gonna burn my heart out

Well, with my body acting up and manifesting all the negative energy into all kinds of physical illnesses to torment me, I can count on one good thing: bad karma, very, very bad karma is being released and I’ll be perky again in no time. I’m getting far too whiny.

So, Sally can wait
She knows it’s too late as she’s walking on by
My soul slides away
But don’t look back in anger
Don’t look back in anger
I heard you say

At least not today.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home