The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Monday, July 25, 2005

The Running For Life Project Part II

Around noon, I gleefully told April (via sms) that the skies were gray and it looked as if it were to pour any moment. And indeed, down came the rain and we so *mock sob* might not be able to run should the spiel spill over to the evening. Why don’t we drop the original plan and shop and after which chill at my place instead. I bought The Stepper so we can still stick to some kind of exercise regime here.

Dear April will not buy any of my nonsense, oh, the perils of having a determined friend. We must be disciplined, she half-reminded and half reprimanded (maybe 0.01% lar, probably was more amused than anything at my faint but desperate attempts to get out of the action).

Okay, so by 6.45pm, I was in my gear and quite excited at the prospect I was really (and ready) to run on track, instead of running in the circles in my head. Through April’s companionship, it wasn’t painful at all once we started. It’s only the getting down to it that’s the real killer. Once I’m in the stadium, I ran with no glitches.

We did 10 continuous rounds, which means 4km in 35 minutes. But it’s a beginning, so never mind the timings, I’ll work my way up eventually. We chatted as we ran too, so that must have eaten into something.

I don’t get how people can run in the morning before work, and squeeze in a shower in between. Worse, I don’t understand how they can claim to be more mentally alert after the run. I just feel like nua-ing when I completed the rounds and be sluggish and useless. Certainly won’t be getting any work done! Which means I have to run in the evenings and nights.


Thank goodness for the Rawa trip – an excuse for not running, yay! I mean, so sad I can't.

And tomorrow, watching 世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ with Ruth. Woah. Sometimes, girls just wanna have some fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home