The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Here's To Myself: Hop On The Joyride

My senior shared some news with me.

*beams* 刹那间,黑暗中亮出曙光,实在振奋人心。

Let me buy lunch, please, I pleaded and promptly whisked us to Noble House. Ordered Peking Duck to celebrate. Heavy, decadent meal but heck, I feel more in control now. Life, it seems, can be very good again, with a definite sense of purpose.

Later evening, I walked out of another place, feeling invincible. Or, at the very least, more like my old self. I hadn’t realized until it was pointed out kindly that I might have been exhibiting little traits that don’t do justice to my personality and character. Little traits that made me go WTF (yes, again), what a loser, yuck when I reflected and did my mental check. So yes, I had a useful session, or prep talk if you will, that made me think.

Since initiation and immersion into work world, I suppose I have ignored, downplay, prune aspects of myself due to the crazy things and people I have encountered, especially when I first started out. Which I had believed in good faith was a prudent move then in early days. In short, much as this may elicit snorts of incredulity from people who know me best inside out, I did attempt, to the best of my ability, to come across as modest, composed and agreeable. Being new, I had thought it good and healthy to play the safe, unthreatening role.

Which may not be such an excellent idea now.

So yes, I’m welcoming the long repressed sides of myself from the long respite and telling them to party and just enjoy the ride in life.

Welcome back, old loud, animated me. You were missed dearly at work. Maybe that’s why I have been wrongly typecast as subdued (!!) and nonchalant (??) at the odd potentially important career-changing moments (actually, only one so far).


My supervisor would chuckle and protest, I’m sure, and go WTF, even though she’s so distinguished.

Anyhow, I’m glad I can say with sincerity I have benefited from today (no pun intended, really!!!) and the people whom I met up with, who made a difference to my life henceforth.

I feel much, much happier professionally than I’ve ever been for a long time. A zestful happy state that goes beyond the promotion and payraise.
Glam it up, babe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home