The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

So Far. So Good

A dear friend whom I’ve not seen for over a year spied me in unglam circumstances today.

*insert my name*! What (why) are you doing this! You are a freaking scholar!

Well, scholars have to earn a living too!

Anyway, I didn’t feel bad doing it. Just hot, and tired. It’s part of the job.

*

My mentor is either very smart, or understanding. I believe she’s both.

I’ve been given something big to work on. Screw everyone who gets in the way, especially evil people. Die, Die, Die.

I loathe it when people stirs trouble to disturb me. It’s not a good (or smart) thing that you’ve made me wary of intent and hesitation.

*

I have also figured out a great way to tell apart evil people from the good souls who would not harm me in general in the restless corporate world. Evil people call me Angel*** in full. Kind partners and wonderful seniors coo Angie, Angie. I kid you not.

Except when mentor is supremely irritable or frustrated at me (not getting it, but I attribute it to the occasional ambiguous instruction), she will yell Angel***

*

Supposed to turn up in a red dress for tomorrow’s premiere of Leading Broadway Ladies. Chin Han (yes, Masters of The Sea’s Chin Han) said red and black outfit please, I think black heels cover the black requirement adequately. I really enjoyed last year’s Hello Broadway, so am waiting to see if this production can outdo that.


Betrayal with said friend in opening paragraph on Saturday. Delicious irony we are watching it together. Quite surreal, really. Now that we are actually catching it together, I can’t imagine going with any other person to enjoy the performance, that I’d like better. One day, I shall pen a play in our memory. I can’t explain but the play will tell everything. I just need to write it down. Patience, everyone, including myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"delicious betrayal"? Did I do anything???

- KK market girl

11:39 PM  
Blogger Angeline said...

Hello my dear,

you din do anything. things just snowballed what. shopping and dining like two frivolous schoolgirls later, woah!

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home