The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, April 25, 2004

I've gone back to being my very normal minus 1 kg frame. Which is heartening. But I'm still working quite determinedly to lose more than that after the fright the scales gave me the other day.

The lowest I went prior was minus 3 kg when due to tremendous worrying over my thesis, I lost 2kg overnight, I kid you not. That was a 24h period in which three weeks before my thesis, I decided it was either I fail my honours or I rewrite the entire thing. In the 24hs, I wrote 5 different drafts, pitching 5 different angles, and neither ate, nor slept. And going by without much water.

But since working, and mitigating previous unhappiness with lunch over lunch with equally unhappy people, I have put it all back.

So yup, on my way to losing. Gd news is I went to gym on Sat morning and did 4km!!! I brought forward the going on Sun 'coz on fri, I had an entire pot of chocolate fondue @Haagan-Daz to myself after CK (her treat but we're supposed to be sharing!) felt the taste was a bit too bitter for her liking. So we shared the cubes of ice-cream that came along with the set, she having most of the fruits and I did the chocolate. This was on top of the Japanese cuisine @Esplanade that we had for lunch (my treat 'coz it's her birthday). In view of all these, I believed it was prudent to pay the gym a visit immediately the next day after.

I'm a stubborn person. If I really am set on doing something, it's impossible not to get it.

Which explains why despite the fact I'm fatigued (I fell asleep in the middle of a filmfest movie: Reconstruction on fri night. But the film was pretentious and not too great), I promptly woke up to make my way to the gym without the help of any alarm.

Sat morn gym is filled teenagers. This is crazy, I tell you. People very young, at most 18, males and females, are gymming!!!

How come I'm only discovering the true value of a beautiful body now?

In If You Were Me, a Korean film made up of 6 shorter films, one of them was about how teachers reminded female students constantly all the time that if they dun look their best, they will never get anywhere in life. In school, you get the education. But in real life, the teachers told them, you'll never get far by that alone.

How come we don't get real advice like that in school? It's cruel but I guess at least that buys you lots of time to work on whichever bits that require working.

I.Just.Need.To.Lose.Weight and I'm perfect. There really isn't much left for me to work on :) But it might take time and i'm not exactly a patient person :(

*

Some trivia before I run to meet Ruth for Intimate Confessions of A Chinese Courtesan:

I called Chin Han (yes, the Ng Chin Han from the legendary Masters of The Sea but I liked him best in Iris Rice Bowl. He was quite cute last time), for work purposes, obviously. I got a cheap thrill from his asking for my name.

I got Gmail!!! I'll never have to delete my mails again, woah! Tell me how great I am over here: angeline.ang@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home