The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Misery Finds Happiness

Things That Make Me Happy (from the last two weeks to the next two weeks)

Oh yeah. Another desperate attempt to count blessings in life and dismiss its callousness.

1. Watching Summer of Love, Prestige and The Departed
2. Receiving two of Corrine May’s albums from Shimin
3. Watching Global Chinese Music Awards with national shooter
(I kid you not)
4. Buying light sticks and waiting by the red carpet with screaming rabid fans (It was super fun for us both because my friend is Andy Lau’s fan while I, of course, like Eason Chan. These two jokers, like us, were seated together during the awards.)
5. Watching Little Shop of Horrors yesterday with Shimin
6. Attempted threading, I mean allowing threading to be done on me for the first time
7. Having lunch and tea with Ex-Boss and senior colleague I love yesterday
8. Taking half day leave on Fri
9. (the thought of) Drinking Baileys
10. Lunch with Mr Dimples at Wild Rocket on Sunday
11. Talking to Shimin & April
12. Realising I do have work connections. Like wah
13. Having Ally McBeal Season 4 in my hands: the Larry saga that I have missed in entirety

Work is less great at the moment because while I’m doing something that’s totally kickass and I really, really like professionally and personally, I don’t feel that certain resources are as supportive as they should be at a neutral level. I certainly don’t expect them to be as passionate and driven as I am but please don’t let us go to the other spectrum either.

So what makes this whole affair a pleasantly bearable one is really the ad hoc talking cock with my producer and designer who are my age. I feel less alone because of them. The producer dreams of directing a new short film (which I will be its producer) and the designer dreams of running his own design business. I of course, am going to be The Next Big Thing in the literary field and get my stories published. We will lead better lives than now.

I feel loved when the two stayed back to do my commercials on a Friday night. And I felt love when my designer found an important work-related article and quietly scanned to send me without my knowledge. Not to be corny, but I was strangely moved by his thoughtful gesture. These guys are even more overworked than I am but they found time to do stuff for me, little me!! I do have hardcore supporters for my cause!

Highlight of next week has to be our first dinner as a foursome (another girl designer will be joining) together outside of the work context but in which we will definitely touch on work and it’s a chance for more curious questions to be tossed around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I counted, and credit myself for a full 5, and a third of 1, and a half of another - for your list of 13 sources of happiness!

Ego-boasting. Thanks for adding another one to my own list :)

Ally Season 5 is not bad either. Can be next. But yeah, I miss Larry lots. So did Ally. So.

btw, the 'My Summer of Love' book is apparantly quite different from its movie. Flipped through at Kino.

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home