The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

I finally wrote to my evil twin (possibly better half) Angeline Ang who manages the Lit department today. The running joke during Hons was that I, Angeline Ang, Lit and Philo extraordinaire, was really not a student but a spy for NUS, hence the Angeline Ang tag that proudly resides on some door along the corridors of the Lit department. Anyway.

Let me take a deep breath first. WTF. Fuck. I dunno about the rest of my unfortunate peers but I happen to be extremely proud of at least 2/3 of my thesis (the remaining1/3 I admit to be crappy and less good. But still, the brilliance that shone before ought to more than make up for the subsequent gradual degeneration. And my conclusion was good, mind you), no matter how much I moan about the trouble and shit it gave. I certainly think it deserves a place in the library for posterity, not forgotten and lying somewhere in the Lit department. I dread to imagine what it must be going through right now. I am glad I checked its status. The least the department can do, if they have no idea what to do with it, is to return it to me. Now, excuse me, while I rescue my thesis.


Dear Angeline,

I write on behalf of some of my 2002/2003 Lit Hons classmates.

We are concerned that our Hons theses have yet to be submitted
to the Central Library.

Cecilia (please refer to the attached forward) has kindly directed us
to the Lit department for information on the matter.

Could you please advise us on this?

We appreciate your taking the time to look into this and we look
forward to your kind reply.

Yours Sincerely,
Angeline Ang


>From: "Lee Shong Lin, Cecilia"
>To:
>Subject: Theses not in LINC
>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:52:54 +0800
>
>Dear Angeline
>
>With reference to your query on academic exercises submitted by yourself
>and April Cheok, we confirm that all the Academic Exercises sent to the
>Library by your department for the year 2003 has been processed. Please
>note that only those Academic Exercises which are selected by the
>various departments will be sent to the Library. Perhaps you would like
>to check with your department for more information.
>
>Best regards
>Cecilia Lee
>NUS Libraries

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home