The Depths Of Shallowness

Drowning, Drowning in Cynicism; Drunk, Drunk with Sentimentality; Down, Down with Love; Dunked, Dunked in Life. Desperate Discourse. Disposable Desires. Dusky Dreams. Delirium. Dignity. Despair. Doubt. Duty. Dewy Days. Divine Divide. Dump Everything that Bothers in The Depths of Defiance. 《我的快樂時代》唱爛 才領悟代價多高昂 不能滿足不敢停站 然後怎樣 All Rights Reserved ©Angeline Ang

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tempestuous. Intense. Proud. Intellectual. Easily Bored. Consummate Performer. Very Chinese. Very Charming. Fair. Pale. Long, Curly, Black Hair. BA(Hons). Literature. Philosophy. Japanese. Law. Dense in Relationships. Denser in All Else. Brooding. Sceptical. Condescending. Daria Morgendorffer meets Kitiara Uth Matar meets Ally McBeal. Always dreamy, always cynical, always elusive. Struggling writer, artist and student, in that order please.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Being Bored

I loathe the MRT. It is always packed to the brim on weekdays, and no matter what time I go home after work, it’s next to impossible to scoring a seat. Fine, but not only that, there’s the sheer indignity of relinquishing my personal space to some retard who has to air his armpits (and I would usually move away instead of subjecting any part of me to face that) or who thinks it’s perfectly all right to be 5 cm apart from another human being and assumes The Other is happy with it too. MRT etiquette, my darlings. And then there’s this huge influx of foreign talent ranging from hardcore labourers to white-collar professionals who seems to have no problems getting their ass rested. Amazing. Check out peak hours and see who the perpetual seat-warmers are, and how many among them are locals. It’s glaringly obvious and I wonder where the foreign talent start boarding. Which is still fine, except the whole world seems to reside in the extreme east. I don’t get to sit from start to end, damn it.

Have not met him at the train station since last week but I finally figure out that his one-syllable reference to me is “ange”, which sounds like a strange hybrid of range, rage and angst. I had popped over his cube earlier this week to run through some agenda and found him on the phone. So I waved and waited outside, and heard him saying “ange” is here to end the conversation, which makes me smile. ‘Cos it’s so foreign sounding and not even a legal shortening (which would be angel or angie) and obviously the other party prob went huh, wtf so he had to provide my full name and department as augmentation.Yes, I kinda overheard the whole thing. Haha. Ok, that’s the cheap thrill of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home